Saturday, April 6, 2024

902 Transverter Issues

 

6 April 2024 - RESOLVED

After sending the transverter to Bulgaria in November and them not receiving it, it was finally returned near the end of March.  I let them know it was back and asked if they had an idea on a fix and if I could do the fix.  Hristiyan had me check a few voltages before and after performing a test to replicate the issue, he decided there was an oscillation issue - he had me change out a cap (see below circled in red) and that resolved the issue.  This will be used as my 902 rover.


20 October 2023

I have an issue with my 902 transverter - I am monitoring a 902 CW beacon I built and it's S3 to S5 sometimes at my house - if I switch to a SSB memory in my ICOM 9700 and transmit when I return to the 902 beacon memory I have lost about half the signal or more (usually down to S0) - the only way to get the S3/S5 signal level back is to remove power from the 902 transverter.

See two videos below.

Any thoughts on why this is happening?


See the signal return after I power cycle the 902 transverter below:





No comments:

Post a Comment